Licensed, Bonded, and Insured
WA License #: THERMSS941Q7 and ID License #: RCE-39987
Lifetime Materials and Transferable Workmanship Warranties
Serving the Spokane Metro area and the Inland Northwest since 1994!
Bottom line: on average, you will save approximately $70-$130 to measure your own windows
*This offer good only if all the requested information is provided and we do not travel to your location to provide an on-site estimate.
Although we are happy to provide free on-site estimates to our customers, as we have since we opened our doors in 1994, many folks don’t realize that, as a licensed contractor, it does cost us a certain amount of money to provide this service.
I have carefully analyzed our cost to provide an on-site estimate (licensing, bonding, insurance, advertising, and vehicle expenses, among others) and determined that it is about 10% of the cost of an average sized window film job-and even more if we are giving an estimate to a customer outside of the Spokane/Coeur d’Alene Metro area.
As a result, I am offering this 10% “measure it yourself and save” discount as an option for customers who would like to reduce the cost of tinting their home or office windows. If you are willing to provide the information, I want to pass the 10% savings on to you. I’m sure you can see that this is a Win-Win situation for everyone!
Since most people can use a tape measure, this has to be the easiest way ever to save money on window tinting and filming - just provide us the information found below, and we will get you a quick email estimate that includes a 10% discount off the total cost of your installation.*
BUT, if you don't have time to measure your own windows, or you would prefer that we advise you in person, you can ALWAYS request a FREE quote in your home or office. We will happily schedule an appointment to do an on-site estimate for your project. Because we know that your time is valuable, we will get back to you within one business day – usually within 2 hours. In this case, of course, the 10% "measure it yourself and save" discount does not apply.
Do you want to save 10% on your window film project even before it begins?
In order to give you a 10% "measure it yourself" discount we need, at a minimum, the information listed below. Each of these items is necessary in order to provide you an accurate price for your window film installation.
1. Width and Height of EACH PANE* of glass (not including framing material) in inches, and how many of each. We call this "Widest and Highest", because on non-rectangular windows (think eyebrow windows, half-round windows, triangular windows, etc.) we need to know the widest and highest points in order to accurately calculate the square footage. On rectangular windows, this would just be the width and height of the panes you want done.
*A "pane" of glass is one piece of glass and it's surrounding framing material. A "window" may consist of one or more panes of glass. Typically (but not always), a window that doesn't open consists of one pane. A window that opens (slider or single hung) usually has two or more panes. In some circumstances (like an old style french door), one window (or door, in this example) might have multiple small panes.
2. Top of window height in inches from the floor. With the understanding that the window film goes on the inside surface of the glass, we need to know whether we are working off of a ladder, and if so, how big a ladder. To determine this, we ask that you provide us the height in inches from the floor to the top of the highest window that you would like tinted.
3. Window framing material. Most new construction will have vinyl frames, while older, and some custom homes may have wood or metal frames. Businesses usually have rubber gasket storefront window framing, but some have wood or metal. Some framing materials require extra time and attention on our part. Please identify for us which framing material your windows have.
4. Address. We need this to complete the estimate form. If you live outside the Greater Spokane/Coeur d'Alene Metro area you may pay a trip charge based on round trip mileage. If so, this will be noted on the estimate.
5. Photographs. Since we are not putting "eyes" on your windows, please provide us a picture of each set of windows that you want to tint including, if possible, a view of the floor at the base of the windows so that we can get an idea whether there are any obstacles we need to work around, or other access issues we need to address. You can send them here: firstname.lastname@example.org, or text them to (509) 466-3975 whichever is most convenient for you.
Window Films, LLC ®
Residential & Commercial Window Tint
28 + Years of Installation Experience
Ask About Our One Of A Kind Low-Price Guarantee!
Copyright 2013-2018. Therma Shield Solar Control® Window Films, LLC. All rights reserved.
To qualify for your 10% "Measure it Yourself and Save" Discount, please enter the above information into the form below or email it to email@example.com.
We appreciate the fact that your time is valuable, so we will contact you within one business day or less (usually within 2 hours) to resolve your solar issues.